Service technician Mikonkeidas - Finland
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. '
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
We are now looking for a Service Technician to our wind farm in Finland, Mikonkiedas. We are looking for candidates who are open minded and appreciate to work on a variety of wind turbine platforms.
How to contribute to our vision
As a Service Technician you will perform technical, mainly pre-defined tasks for accomplishing defined service delivery work for our customer’s wind turbines. These tasks are mainly consisting of troubleshooting, annual maintenance and various inspections.
We are looking for candidates that are interested in a stimulating and varied job, where you will be responsible for service and maintenance of wind turbines at our customers' wind farms. Some of your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To carry out improvement measures and modifications, as well as participate in preparations if necessary.
- To solve problems on site together with your colleagues and our support teams, using your knowledge in electricity and mechanics in order to ensure high operational reliability and provide excellent service quality to our customers.
- To ensure that all on-site work is always carried out with safety as the highest priority. For electrical work, we work according to the electrical standard (SFS-6002).
- To report and document your work in sufficient detail and quality.
- To supervise, coordinate and follow up jobs performed by our subcontractors.
For us, the knowledge and commitment of our staff is our success. You will therefore start your employment with a training period at Siemens Gamesa's training centers abroad.
What you need to make a difference
In addition to having the passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change, some of the qualities we are looking for in an ideal candidate are;
- At minimum a high school education with a technical focus. Education in electricity will be required. Education in hydraulics or mechanics is beneficial.
- Prior experience in wind power, electricity, mechanics or hydraulics will be considered beneficial.
- Driving license is a requirement for performing your duties.
- Ability to communicate fluently both in Finnish and English will be essential.
- As a person, you are enterprising and customer-focused with a high sense of service. We believe that you have a genuine technical interest, like to learn new things and to solve problems independently.
- You will be responsible, thorough and have a high safety awareness.
- You must be comfortable working at high altitudes.
- You will need to be willing to travel and to be flexible as our customers' wind farms are spread over a large geographical area.
- Good computer skills are a requirement.
Most importantly, you challenge yourself and your colleagues to achieve the best results. You have a high professional competency, and you have a desire to develop your skills. You have good collaboration skills, and you can manage to act in different cultural contexts. To thrive in this position, you must have a strong result- and customer-oriented approach, without any compromises in safety.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
Siemens Gamesa offers a variety of benefits such as flexible working hours and competitive remuneration package as well as a possibility for an additional local sports and culture benefit.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send an email to the Recruiter, Mikaela Schmidt, email@example.com
Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.